Ergo 4 EducationSubscribe to RSS Feed
'TSUNAMI OF INACTIVITY'
Students regularly spend 30% of their waking hours at school/university.
And almost SIT!!!!!
- The average UK student is sitting at school/university for almost 4.5 HOURS A DAY!
- 8-18 year olds spend an additional 7 HOURS A DAY in front of a screen, regardless of socio-economic status.
- STUDENTS ARE SITTING 85% OF THEIR WAKING HOURS at school/university, in front of the screen, transportation, doing homework and eating meals!
It’s not only adults whose health may be jeopardized by a sedentary lifestyle.
Universal factors that influence the prevalence of musculoskeletal pain in students can be divided into three groups:
- Furniture design that does not suit human body dimensions
- Heavy bag (weighing more than 10% of the body weight)
- Incorrect sitting posture on the part of the children themselves
EFURNIT'S CLASSROOM FURNITURE CAN MAKE LEARNING EASIER FOR STUDENTS.
Applying ergonomic principles prevents musculoskeletal injuries.